The Declarer (Floyd McWilliams' Blog)

Wednesday, February 05, 2003


Sorry about the lack of posts. For some reason I have been lethargic and depressed since my San Bernardino trip, even though it was very successful and fun. Yesterday I played at the club and what started out with six tops turned into a 52% game. We both screwed up; my contributions were a thoughtless rebid which partner took seriously, a too-aggressive double, and failing to check a +420 which was recorded as +170. Without these mistakes we would have had around 58%, which is usually enough to win an afternoon club game. I spent a few hours beating myself up for my errors before I came to my senses.

I am also ready to have a job; trouble is, no one seems to be ready to hire me.


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home