The Declarer (Floyd McWilliams' Blog)

Thursday, March 27, 2003


A few days ago Aaron Haspel blogged that "I can't help feeling that these soldiers are, in important ways, my moral superiors". I thought at the time that this was hyperbole, out of character for Aaron. But yesterday I ran across an article -- I thought at the Command Post, but I could not find it in their archives -- about an American soldier who was injured by a grenade and was recuperating in a German hospital. He was afraid when hit that he would use the use of his legs but it wasn't clear whether he was actually crippled.

Anyway, someone asked him what he thought of the protests stateside and he said


They have a right to protest.


And that was all he would say on the subject.

Yeah, I'll concede moral superiority.


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home