The Declarer (Floyd McWilliams' Blog)

Thursday, November 20, 2003


We're Not Real Happy About Those Newfangled "Lowercase" Letters, Either

So instead of readme.htm I clicked on install.htm. I then clicked my way to the Windows install, which was just a file link to a setup.exe program. Clicking this link in my Netscape 7 browser did not invoke the install; Netscape would only let me save the executable.

It's weird that the install didn't work on Netscape, because Borland is clearly fond of cutting off its nose to spite Microsoft's face. The installation solemnly warned me that I could not install into a directory whose name contained spaces, such as "Program Files". Installing into "Program Files" has been a standard for what, eight years now?

Excellence endures!


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home