The Declarer (Floyd McWilliams' Blog)

Thursday, April 15, 2004


So after nine games I have a fantasy baseball pitcher who's lost two games.

Hey, what can you do? Hard luck story, right? It's a long season and all that.

But I'm not talking about a starting pitcher. I'm talking about a setup man, Rafael Soriano. Please make sure no small children are around when you view these statistics: 2 IP, 7 hits, 5 ER. And two losses.

Soriano's performance didn't bother just me. It bothered the Mariners too, so much that they optioned Soriano to single-A San Bernardino. Did the Mariners ask me? Did they consider my feelings in the matter?

And who did they call up to replace Soriano? A putz. No, I'm not trying to insult anyone. That's his name:


Mariners option Soriano, call up Putz


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home