The Declarer (Floyd McWilliams' Blog)

Wednesday, May 26, 2004


Worth What You Pay For It

When I was a blog newbie back in the fall of 2002, I signed up for a SiteMeter account to track my hits. (I believe I stole the code from Damian Penny's Damnation blog.) I was a satisfied customer for a year and a half, until a few weeks ago when I clicked on my SiteMeter bookmark and got a message that the disk containing my account had failed.

At first this didn't seem like a big deal, but the excuses got more and more ominous. The backup service would get to the job in a day or so ... the backup service didn't have the disk in their office and would have to wait a few days to get it out of storage ... Nicholas Cage had to steal fifty hard disks to get his brother out of trouble. At some point they finally admitted that no, my account was not coming back ever.

I have created a new SiteMeter account as a stopgap, but obviously I am in the market for something more stable. If you know of one, please leave a comment. (Yes, people not named Paul Hepburn are allowed to comment on The Declarer!)


1 comments

1 Comments:

NO!!! This is MY domain! Muahahahahahaha!!!

(Paul Hepburn, of course :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Home