The Declarer (Floyd McWilliams' Blog)

Wednesday, June 30, 2004


Google rented four showings of Spiderman 2 at a theater in Sunnyvale so its employees could see the movie on opening night. Sherry and I will see it this evening.

Instead of Spiderman, why not Sliderman? His lair could be several stories aboveground, and he could emerge to fight crime via a giant slide.

He would dispatch villains by throwing things at them which would appear to miss, but at the last minute tail off to the left or right and then smack them. Sliderman, who is left-handed, would be great at fighting left-handed villains, but not so effective against righties.

Or what about Ciderman? Originally an ordinary man, he ate a partially fermented radioactive apple which gave him superpowers of ... okay, I'll shut up now.


2 comments

2 Comments:

I hate comic book movies. My friends dragged me to the first spiderman, but i definitely will NOT being seeing this rendition. I think what did it for me in the first spiderman movie was that scene where the guy says "We're New Yohkas, we stick together!" First of all, what was a throng of New Yohkas doing on that bridge? Second of all, where did they get crow bars and cinder blocks to throw at the villain? Finally, New Yohkas are rude and mean, they certainly do not stick together.

anyway, i hate comic book movies

By Blogger Micah, at 9:09 PM  

Oh shoot - I thought Sliderman would involve White Castle fatburgers. My mistake!

By Blogger Andy, at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Home