The Declarer (Floyd McWilliams' Blog)

Sunday, September 11, 2005


I'm never able to pick up a copy of Time or Newsweek without gagging at the stupidity and smarm contained therein. Thus it is a pleasure to see Jeff Goldstein take a Newsweek article about Katrina by Evan Thomas ("the mainstream media will provide 15 percentage points for John Kerry"), and rip it to shreds.

When I complain about liberal media bias, I am not objecting to the politics. I never criticize The Guardian, for instance, because they are openly left-wing and don't lie about it. Mainstream media bias irritates me because those who perpetrate it insult my intelligence. As an example of this contempt for my mental processes I point to this simpering writing by Thomas:


Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, a motherly but steely figure known by the nickname Queen Bee, ...


Motherly but steely? Queen Bee? What is this shit? We're talking about the person responsible for the disaster recovery efforts for millions of people, and Thomas describes her as though she were Jennifer Lopez' personal chef.


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home