The Declarer (Floyd McWilliams' Blog)

Saturday, January 28, 2006


SFist has an excellent interview with Achewood cartoonist Chris Onstad. I can vouch for the truth of this statement:


Favorite Bridge in the area:
The Eugene Doran bridge, on 280 around Hillsboro. When you’re driving down the highway and you cross it you have no idea how high up you are, but when you’re out for a backroads Sunday drive and discover yourself beneath it, it’s terrifying. It’s like being shown a video of all the times you were close to death and were completely unaware.


One time several years ago I was driving over the Eugene Doran and noticed that the car's heat gauge had suddenly pegged to the maximum. Blowing a radiator is never fun, but it's especially unpleasant at about 150 feet in the air.

Down the street from me is Sky Londa icon Alice's Restaurant, which serves microbrews including a luscious Full Boar Scotch ale. I had always idly wondered where they got it from, and when Onstad mentioned that one of his friends founded Devil's Canyon Brewery and I followed the link, I had found the brewer.


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home