The Declarer (Floyd McWilliams' Blog)

Sunday, January 08, 2006


While reviewing Resident Evil 4 for Nintendo Gamecube Evan Kirchhoff notes:


The thing I hated the most about Code Veronica was the system for saving games. Console games tend to be stingy about letting you save and quit and get on with your life -- this is partly a hardware limitation and partly a socially retarded design philosophy.


You have got that right. I loved the Legends of Zelda/Majora's Mask game my wife bought as a birthday present 2001, but it remains unfinished for two reasons, one of which is that you could not save the game in the middle of the dungeon, which meant every time I wanted to kill that damn fish I would have to spend an hour laboriously freezing, melting, and rerouting the waterworks. I'm not some snot-nosed teenager with four hours to kill after school every day.

(To be fair, I should note that the second reason I haven't finished Majora's Mask is that I suck at video games.)


3 comments

3 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Home