The Declarer (Floyd McWilliams' Blog)

Wednesday, September 15, 2010


Days 15-20

After two weeks, I began to feel a lot better. For instance, when I went to physical therapy on Friday Maureen told me I probably didn't need much more CPM work, perhaps 3 hours per day. I called my surgeon's office to check ... but they are in surgery on Friday, so I would have to wait till after Labor Day for them to return my call.

On Saturday I was able to go to a friend's house for board games, and stay for a couple of hours. The next day I had planned, before the surgery, to play in a compact knockout with friends. I had to withdraw when I realized I would lack the stamina to play bridge all day. I went to the Santa Clara Convention Center to watch them play. Midway through the 12 board set my knee was sore and I was surreptitiously sliding my leg back and forth.

Tuesday the surgeon's nurse assistant called back and I was free and clear -- no CPM at all! By this time my knee felt normal. I was able to walk without a brace by locking my leg (i.e. keeping it perfectly straight).

Wednesday was my last day at home. I ran some errands, and picked up a bouquet of flowers for my hard-working wife.

Labels:



0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home