The Declarer (Floyd McWilliams' Blog)

Sunday, January 30, 2011


A WTF Moment, and I Don't Mean "Winning The Future"

I happened to glance at the back of my utility bill and saw that the City of Sunnyvale is using "EarthFirst" branded envelopes. EarthFirst? Like the ecoterrorists?

Not exactly. EarthFirst! with a bang is the group of eco-loonies who sit in trees and commit industrial sabotage -- excuse me, "ecotage". EarthFirst with a trademark is an "Earth Friendly Envelope" offering from "Action Envelope". Still, the similarity is startling. I'm guessing that municipalities wouldn't choose a comparable brand called "Posse Comitatus".

(Earth Friendly Envelopes have clear windows made from corn. God forbid that any corn not used for subsidized ethanol actually make its way to the Third World to feed people.)

Labels:



0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home